A collection of ideas for your interest and for the benefit of my mental health.

21 December 2009

Prince

This man is amazing, and one of the finest guitarists ever.  His career went through some weird bits in the 90s but nevertheless he's one of the greatest artists ever to walk the planet.

I clapped a video of his performance I found on Youtube.  I have never done that before.  The next day I spent 2 hours watching his videos live on Dailymotion where they have not been found by the lawyer brigade.  Didn't like the lovesexy tour videos but oh my god was the Purple Rain tour amazing and holy hell is the guy still awesome today.

He also has a song called Superfunkycalifragisexy which I haven't heard because the Black Album (Funk bible) isn't on Spotify!  But the name should tell you its amazing.  Though as far as I can tell you reliably you may as well stop on the Love Symbol Album of 1992 (also known as 0(+> which would also become his sexy stage name during times of label conflict with Warner) with the song Sexy MF which was banned from radio play!

Also he has some pretty good new songs these days.


On a more usual note the psychage has begun early!

No comments:

Post a Comment