A collection of ideas for your interest and for the benefit of my mental health.

03 April 2011

Great Harry's Blog Taste, Zero Regrets.


Go on google and type in "'Best Served Ice Cold' Blog". I'm near the top on Google.  I disapprove.  Can you tell I've got work to do?


Oh yeah and welcome to Best Served Ice Cold.  Would anybody like a frosty beverage?


In a somewhat follow up to my Blade Runner inspired post, I am linking to Cracked who do these things far better than me.  Another marvellous Cyberpunk movie from the 80s, this time Japanese animated epic Akira, is being made in American Live Action.  See how it's going to be ruined forever here.  I think anyone who knows anything about this film or the manga would agree that Harry Partridge's parody would be a world-ender.

I'm called Travis now?


I'm thinking the music aspect of this blog has been successful, so I'm gonna attempt to say something musical in each entry.  Behold.  As twitter followers (i.e. most if not all the readers) might have seen I decided I had put of listening to Primus for too long.  I like metal, I love funk, what's not to love?  Unfortunately unlike Rebecca Black I had not had 'my bowl' that day and so, like Mike Patton's less awesome project Mr Bungle this was another of these avant-garde, experimental things which will be better to the stoner crowd and confounding to my illegal drug free self.

Don't do anything I wouldn't kids, including cheeba cheeba.

But Spotify comes through again with 'Related Artists' and from whence came Buckethead.  Look him up, a rather enigmatic and sinister figure.  I was expecting more of the stoner experimentation from my own preconceptions, and again when the biography told me he produced 'underground and experimental music'.  I was surprised then to find the most popular tracks and apparently the latest album Captain Eo's Voyage, doubtless named for MJ's movie, was absolutely beautiful and peaceful.  Not a whole lot I can write to explain what its like, I wasted my vocabulary screaming at the Pokémon game today, but please take a listen. I understand his fingers are ungodly fast, all I know is they're basically created for the electric guitar.  On futher listen, some of his stuff is VERY in the school of Mr Bungle.  Take care out there.

I'm gonna leave you with the earliest Jamiroquai vid I know.  Glad they got rid of Nick Van Gelder he was boring. 1992, what brilliant quality video.  And what a long time ago that was!  Do you feel bad that bassist Stuart Zender was 18 here?

No comments:

Post a Comment