A collection of ideas for your interest and for the benefit of my mental health.

07 July 2011

My E3 wrap-up.

Another exam season, and thus another Electronic Entertainment Expo have once again passed.  If we look back to 2006, it seemed like I could never have made a comment like that in 2011 (because of the looming collapse of E3, not the current education system).  As a fan of gaming and kitchen commentator on the industry I'd like to exercise my free time to run down a few points of interest from the conference.

Looks like a nightmare.

1. Microsoft  and Sony both had a poor showing I am going to be honest.  Yes, the kinect works was a cool thing if you own a kinect (and a dildo), and I would be lying if I wasn't impressed by the voice commands in Mass Effect 3 where you can offer Shepard advice or call out powers and abilities in a firefight.  Playstation already 'blew its load', if you would pardon the expression, when it announced the NGP at the PlayStation Meeting.  It's name, PlayStation Vita,  was leaked days before the announcement.  Fantastic item, not very exciting.  I was quite amazed by the 3d TV Sony has made that shows a different image to 2 gamers from the same screen.  That is a fantastic use of the technology.  The leaking got out of hand on the first day, when Microsoft's entire briefing was essentially outed by their website (in the usual fashion).  Luckily crotchless Master Chief was saved up until the main event.  Still not thrilling.


That's gotta be about 10 socks down his pants.

2. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the shockingly uninteresting new Nintendo console, the Wii U.  The name is absolutely comittee designed and contrived, like the premise to Glee but rendered in white plastic.  Moving beyond the blandness which is now ubiquitous in consumer electronics (and not in and of itself cool) we see... a controller as big as an iPad with a huge screen on it.  Which can only be used solo on the console.  Interesting?

This is about as far as I have come on this topic and no desire to end it.  It's getting too late to even consider posting this.  But I figure I should throw you a bone after a long time without anything.  I promise something better will come up soon.  But yeah seriously bad E3 this year or what???

No comments:

Post a Comment